Bratfree Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll Bite...

2 posters

Go down

I'll Bite... Empty I'll Bite...

Post  EdnaKrabappel Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:26 am

I really don't want to see this site shut down, so I figure I should at least say SOMETHING!

I was mostly a lurker on the original BF - I made a few posts but was never really bold enough to contribute to a lot of the discussions. Even though I read through a lot of the posts and agreed with 95% of the rants, I obviously wasn't cool enough to join the Aimoo clique (nor was I willing to attempt to plead my case). I've been hanging out on Without Burdens, although that forum seems to be at a standstill, as well Sad Not being fully content with the "civil" (read: breeder-pleaser) CF sites, I love that we have at least two sites out there where we can let it out without having to worry about bossy admins trying to censor us.

A little about me - I'm a high school teacher (hence the username), so I can tolerate adolescents enough to see them on a daily basis. I can't stand being around kids under 10 - I just don't have patience for tantrums and incessant questions. However, what I really despise is the new-age pussy-parenting and the family-friendly society that essentially encourages it. I cuss and use terms like brat, crotchfruit, breeder, moocow, etc. regularly when ranting. I probably won't talk about violence against kids, but I don't get my panties all in a ruffle when I read about it. I believe in freedom of speech (online and in public) and appreciate that we have that here.

If this site does survive, I'll contribute more often as best I can...though I'll warn that I do have lousy time-management skills :/
EdnaKrabappel
EdnaKrabappel

Back to top Go down

I'll Bite... Empty Re: I'll Bite...

Post  CFJulia Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:50 am

Edna, you must be a saint! I could not imagine myself being a teacher. They would have to put me in a padded cell within minutes of starting the job. I quit my flight attendant job ten years ago because rude people drive me bonkers. My next workplace will be a kennel, I'd rather clean animal poop for $5/hour than serve annoying humans. Hat's off to you!

CFJulia

Back to top Go down

Post  EdnaKrabappel Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:10 am

Nah, I'm not a saint, I just don't take kiddie shit too seriously. One of my favorite sayings is, "Man, I wish I could be 15 or 16 again...it must be nice to be always right and know everything." They can't multiply 8 by 7, but they know what's UP.
I worked in a frozen custard shop in high school and undergrad, and it was amazing to see how nasty people could get over fucking dessert! I loved getting moos bitching at me, "What, $12 for ice cream for the 3 of us?? I just paid that much for dinner at Wendy's!!" Great to see you're feeding your toddlers nothing but the best Smile
I can totally understand your stance. Animals are infinitely more appreciative than humans could ever be. I'm still in the process of training my puppy. Yes, accidents happen, but you can see from her actions that she genuinely tries to impress!
EdnaKrabappel
EdnaKrabappel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum